1. Who manufactures Vegie Delights products?
All Vegie Delights products are manufactured by Life Health Foods. At Life Health Foods we are passionate about producing great tasting, fresh, healthy and convenient plant-based foods.
2. Are all Vegie Delights products made in Australia?
The vast majority of Vegie Delights products is Australian made at our purpose built factory in Berkeley Vale on the Central Coast in NSW. The Savoury Vegie Mince is produced across the ditch at our manufacturing facility in Auckland in New Zealand.
3. Who can I contact if I have any questions about Vegie Delights?
If your question isn’t answered here, please visit the contact us page and follow the prompts to get in touch.
PRODUCT INFORMATION, INCLUDING INGREDIENTS, HEALTH & NUTRITION
4. Do any Vegie Delights products contain meat or animal products?
No, we are and always have been 100% plant-based and we’ve recently made the commitment to go 100% vegan friendly. All products in the new pack design are vegan friendly and the full product changeover from ‘old to new’ across all stores nationally will be completed in the coming months.
5. Where do you source the ingredients from that are used in the Vegie Delights products?
Our aim is to source as many ingredients as possible from within Australia, and we are very passionate about that. Unfortunately though this is not always possible. For further details refer to the Country of Origin label on the back of each pack.
6. Are the ingredients used in the Vegie Delights products organic?
No, but all of our ingredients are ethically sourced, and we are committed to offering the best quality plant-based foods for your enjoyment.
7. Are Vegie Delights products healthy and nutritious?
Vegie Delights can form part of a healthy and balanced diet. Our products are a good source of protein and fortified with important dietary vitamins and minerals such as Zinc, Iron and Vitamin B12. Please visit our product overview page and click through to the product(s) that you are interested in to view the relevant health star rating or nutrition table.
8. What is the origin of the Vitamin B12 added to Vegie Delights?
The Vitamin B12 is not from animal origin and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
9. Do the Canola and Sunola oils added to the Vegie Delights products contain trans-fats?
No. Canola and Sunola oils are virtually free of trans-fat as the oils have not been hydrogenated.
10. Are Vegie Delights products gluten free?
Selected products in our range are gluten free, including our Lentil Patties, Vegie Pakoras, Mediterranean Koftas, Savoury Vegie Mince, Chickpea Masala, Chilli Non Carne and Savoury Lentils. Please always read the back of pack for further details.
11. Are Vegie Delights products dairy and egg free?
The products in our new look Vegie Delights range are dairy and egg free. The Savoury Vegie Mince might contain traces of dairy and egg because it is manufactured at our factory in New Zealand which still produces some products that contain dairy and egg, so we are legally required to make you aware of the very small risk of cross-contamination. Some of our products in the ‘old’ packaging that you’ll still find in some stores however contain dairy and egg. Please always view the ingredient list on the back of the pack if you are unsure.
12. Are any Vegie Delights products free from garlic, onion, chives and leek?
Yes, the Bacon Style Rashers, Casserole Mince and Nutolene are free from garlic, onion, chives and leek.
13. Do any of the Vegie Delights products contain MSG?
No, absolutely no MSG is added to any Vegie Delights products.
14. Are there any allergens present in the Vegie Delights products?
Please visit our product overview page and click through to the product(s) that you are interested in to view the relevant list of allergens applicable to the selected product(s).
15. Where can I buy Vegie Delights?
Vegie Delights products can be found in the chilled, frozen and ambient health food sections in Woolworths, Coles and selected Independent Supermarkets nationally. If you are unable to find your favourite Vegie Delights products at Coles please contact Coles’ customer service by calling 1800 061 562. For all Woolworths related enquiries please contact Woolworths’ customer service by calling 1300 767 969. And, for all enquiries about the ranging of Vegie Delights in your local Independent Supermarket please speak with the relevant Store Manager to see if they carry the products or if they are willing to order them in for you.
STORAGE, COOKING & PREPARATION
16. Can I freeze or re-freeze Vegie Delights products?
Yes, you can freeze unopened Vegie Delights products from the chilled range before the expiration of the ‘Used By’ date. We however recommend not to freeze Vegie Delights products from the chilled and frozen ranges that were previously thawed or cooked. Please refer to the product overview page for instructions regarding the cooking and preparation of our products.
17. Where and how am I meant to store Vegie Delights products?
Please refer to the product overview page for instructions with regard to handling and storage.