- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10
- Cook Time 20
- Difficulty Easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Vegie Delights™ Lentil Burgers
- 1 x 400g tin of Borlotti beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 400g tin no added salt chopped tomatoes
- 3 ½ cups water or reduced salt vegetable stock
- 1 sprig thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 70g green beans, ends trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- Set aside the Vegie Delights™ LentilBurgers to defrost while you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat to soften. Add the chopped vegetables and stir to combine. Sauté for 3-4 minutes to slightly soften the veg.
- If the Vegie Delights™ LentilBurgers are defrosted, they will crumble, in this case crumble them into the saucepan and mix through the vegetables. If not, place them on the bottom of the saucepan and allow to heat through slightly on each side so that they soften and then break them up in the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water (or stock) and thyme leaves. Add the Borlotti beans and stir to combine. Cover the saucepan with a lid and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until all vegetables are soft.
- Add the green beans in the last few minutes of cooking, season with black pepper and serve topped with the parsley and a side of wholegrain toast.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)