- Serves 6
- Prep Time 10
- Cook Time 35
- Difficulty Medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 cupbrown rice
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 packVegie Delights™Lentil Burgers
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, stalks removed
- 4 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- 100g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In a large saucepan sauté the garlic, onions and both types of rice in the olive oil for about 3 minutes. Add the Vegie Delights™ Lentil Burgers to the pan and heat briefly on both sides. Use a wooden spoon to break down the burgers and crumble.
- Add the thyme, stock and continue to str and break up the burgers. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir through spinach and the almonds. Continue to cook until all the liquid is absorbed, probably only a few minutes.Stir through the basil and serve warm.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)