- Serves 4
- Prep Time 10
- Cook Time 15
- Difficulty Medium
- 1 packet Vegie Delights™ Smokey BBQ Burgers
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheese of choice (100g)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large lettuce leaves, or mixed greens
- 4 wholegrain burger buns
- Quick-pickled red onion
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp flaky salt
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli, optional
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make the pickled red onion, combine apple cider vinegar, boiling water, sugar, and salt in a heat proof bowl or container. Add sliced onion and mix well. Set aside, stirring once or twice while preparing other ingredients, until onions have softened.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with lime juice and chilli, season to taste with pepper.
- Preheat a BBQ grill or grill pan to medium. Brush or spray burgers with a bit of oil, and cook 5 - 6 minutes per side, or until golden and heated through.
- Place cheese slices over burgers toward the end of the cooking time – closing BBQ or placing a lid over the pan for a minute or two, to melt the cheese.
- Layer bottom burger buns with lettuce, tomato, Vegie Delights Smokey BBQ Burgers, and pickled onion. Spread guacamole onto the cut-side of the top buns. Serve warm.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)