- Serves 6
- Prep Time 10
- Cook Time 30
- Difficulty Medium
- 1 can Vegie Delights Nutolene
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus 2 tablesoons for frying
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (70g) sunflower seeds
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teasoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds to roll meatless balls
- 800g Japanese pumpkin, cut into 3cm wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground sumac
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, picked
- Black pepper
- Heat oven to 200°c, line a large tray with greaseproof paper, toss pumpkin pieces with olive oil, cinnamon, sumac, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Bake pumpkin in oven for 30 minutes.
- Make the meatless meatballs whilst pumpkin is cooking, by mixing Vegie Delights Nutolene, garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli flakes (optional), and black pepper in a food processor and blitz until the mixture has a uniform consistency.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls with clean hands, coat with sesame seeds and set onto a plate.
- Cook meatless meatballs in a frypan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss frequently to ensure even cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve meatless meatballs and pumpkin on a large platter or bowl, garnished with fresh mint and parsley.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)