- Serves 24
- Prep Time 10
- Cook Time 15
- Difficulty Easy
- 1 packet Vegie Delights™ Hot Dogs
- 3 sheets reduced-fat puff pastry, or wholemeal puff pastry, just thawed
- 1/2 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup finely diced pizza vegetables (ie capsicum, mushroom, olives, pineapple)
- 150g reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- Chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, garlic and oregano. Stir well.
- Spread 1/3 of the tomato mixture over a sheet of pastry. Top with 1/3 of the vegetables and 1/3 of the cheese.
- Place two Vegie Delights Hot Dogs on the closest edge of the pastry, and brush the far edge with a bit of water. Roll tightly into a log and press seam to seal. Slice the roll into 8 pinwheels.
- Repeat with remaining pastry, vegetables, cheese and hot dogs. Arrange pinwheels cut-side down on the prepared tray. Bake 15 - 18 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle with parsley to serve.
These are great for lunchbox treats or snacks or party food. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
These pinwheels can also be cooked in an air fryer. Cook on 180°C for 8 minutes.