- Serves 4
- Prep Time 15
- Cook Time 20
- Difficulty Medium
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour (besan flour) or wholemeal flour
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 2 tbs pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbs fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Place potato in a sieve over the sink, and using your hands squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine potato, eggs, onion, nutmeg and flour in a medium bowl, and mix together well.
- Preheat a non-stick frypan to medium heat and add half the oil. Add heaped tablespoons of potato mixture and flatten gently with the back of the spoon. Cook in batches over medium heat for 3 minutes each side, or until golden, adding remaining oil as necessary.
- Using the same frypan, cook Bacon Style Rashers according to pack directions.
- Toss together tomato, pine nuts, basil and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Place a rosti on each plate, and top with a handful of spinach, a Bacon Style rasher and spoonful of tomato mixture. Top with a second rosti and serve immediately.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)