- Serves 4
- Prep Time 35
- Cook Time 15
- Difficulty Medium
- 200g Vegie Delights™ Savoury Mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 100g reduced fat, feta cheese
- 150g fresh chopped or frozen spinach.
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 8g sachet instant dried yeast
- 3 cups plain flour, plus more for dusting
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Combine 300ml of warm water with the yeast and sugar in a jug and stir with a fork. Place in a warm place for 5 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Sift the flour into a large bowl and add the yeast mixture and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix into a soft dough.
- Dust the bench with some flour and knead the dough for about 5 minutes until less sticky and elastic. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. Place the 4 pieces onto a greased baking tray.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave in a warm place to rise. Allow about 20-30 minutes or until the dough doubles in size. If you are short on time, a quick easy alternative can be wholemeal tortilla wraps.
- While the dough is rising, prepare your filling. Heat a large fry pan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion, garlic, and capsicum. Stir to combine and fry for a few minutes to soften. Next add the savoury mince, spices and spinach and use a wooden spoon to separate.
- Roll each piece of dough into large rectangles, about the size of a sheet of A4 paper. Spread ¼ of the Savoury Mince mixture onto half of the gozleme, fold the dough over on top and press the edges down to seal.
- Heat a large flat BBQ plate or griddle and brush the dough with olive oil. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining gozleme. Remove from the heat and cut into smaller pieces. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)