- Serves 6
- Prep Time 15
- Cook Time 45
- Difficulty Medium
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 can of Vegie Delights Nutmeat
- 2 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 30g walnuts, crushed
- ½ cup plant-based ricotta
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 20 large pasta shells
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a deep pot, splash olive oil and heat over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, chilli to the hot pot until onion becomes translucent, around 3-4 minutes. Add zucchini and mushroom and cook until all water evaporates from the bottom of the pot, around 6-8 minutes.
- Add canned tomato, ricotta and all spices. Heat through for 10 minutes, adding water if it needs to thin slightly. Divide this mixture in half and set half aside. Continue to warm the other half.
- Pour the Vegie Delights Nutmeat through the sauce and cook for 8 minutes.
- In another pot, boil water and cook the pasta shells for ¾ of the recommended cook time (roughly 12 minutes). Drain once done.
- In an oven safe dish, add a spoonful of the sauce into the bottom to ensure nothing sticks. Once by one, stuff the pasta shells with the Nutmeat sauce and place into the tray.
- Pour over remaining sauce that you set aside and sprinkle walnuts over the top. Cover and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Jumbo pasta shells can be found in some supermarkets and delis
- Use cannelloni tubes if can’t find jumbo pasta shells
- Can sprinkle with grated cheese or vegan cheese before placing in oven
- Passata sauce is uncooked tomato puree that has been strained and removed of seeds and skin.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)