- Serves 6
- Prep Time 15
- Cook Time 20
- Difficulty Medium
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice, rinsed
- 1 flax egg made with 1 tbs ground flaxseed and 3 tbs water
- 1 pack Vegie DelightsTM Savoury Mince
- 60g dry breadcrumbs
- ½ small brown onion, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp reduced salt soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 shallot, green and white finely sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 bok choy, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook brown rice by absorption according to pack directions.
- Make flax egg by combining flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl, mix and set aside to combine for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 2200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine Savoury Mince, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, sesame oil, soy/tamari sauce and flax egg in a food processor, and blitz to combine.
- Shape 1 tbs measures into balls.
- Bake meatballs in oven for 15 minutes.
- Heat teriyaki sauce in a saucepan on low -medium heat. Add the baked meatballs and toss to coat.
- Steam broccolini and bok choy until tender.
- Serve by starting with rice, top with greens, meatballs, shallots and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)