- Serves 6
- Prep Time 5
- Cook Time 40
- Difficulty Medium
- 1 pack Vegie DelightsTM Vegie Sausages
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 1/2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until tender. Add sugar and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until caramelised. Set aside and cool completely.
- Cut pastry sheets into 6 equal sized squares. Place 1 square on workbench. Brush 1 edge with egg. Spread 1tbs onion mix over pastry. Top with 1 sausage. Roll up pastry to enclose sausage, with egg-brushed edge on top. Press to secure. Place, seam side down, on tray. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush top of each roll with egg, and score with a knife. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce and salad greens.
- Energy (Cal)
- Saturated Fat (g)
- Sugars (g)
Dietary Fibre (g)